Thursday, February 28, 2008

what's that, I'm dizzy?

So for the past couple of months I have been getting really dizzy at random times and then in the past couple of weeks I've been going through spurts of almost passing out and extreme dizziness. I finally went to the doctor about it because I was starting to get concerned. He told me that we was going to treat me with antivert which is for vertigo. Incase your wonder what the heck vertigo is here's the definition: Vertigo is a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is stationary with respect to the earth or surroundings. There are two types of vertigo: subjective and objective. Subjective vertigo is when a person feels a false sensation of movement. Objective vertigo is when the surroundings will appear to move past a person's field of vision. So here I was all happy because I had a diagnosis and an excuse for almost passing out on a regular day basis. I went and got my prescription filled and when I got home I was reading the directions and noticed the "may cause drowsiness" tag on the side. My ever so lovely roommate said that was normal and that most prescriptions said that. So we figured out that if I were to take up to the 4 that it recommended and I would take one when I woke up, at lunch, when I got home from work, and before I went to bed. So what did I do I took one right then to start me off. I went throughout the night fine I was still dizzy but I was getting used it and then I took another pill at 10 right before I went to bed. After I took it I thought it was strange that I suddenly felt really tired. Well, I woke up this morning barely. Barely being the keyword in that sentence. I got ready and never could quite get my eyes to open completely. Well the retard that I am drove to work and when I got there I knew that I had done a dumb thing by even showing up. I continued out my morning feeling as if I had taken 10 benadryl's and then told I couldn't sleep. At lunch I thought it would have been better for me not to drive anywhere and go sleep in one of the beds at work and so that's what I did. I woke up at 1:00 to finish out the rest of my day feeling a tiny bit better but still dizzy and groggy. I came home as soon as it turned 5 and thought to myself "why did I even go to work". It just goes to show you how dedicated I am to my job. haha. Anyway, here I am still tired, groggy, dizzy, and feeling like I'm going to fall at any given minute. So if you want to give me a hard time about anything I'm simply going to say "I have vertigo, leave me alone"

1 comment:

Brad & Amy Johnson said...

you never know...being dedicated to work could result in a gift certificate to IKEA!