Thursday, March 20, 2008

That's the first

For those of you that don't know I work as a medical assistant at an OBGYN clinic here in town. I absolutely love it and I have a blast pretty much everyday. Well today was one of the better days because around 11:30 one of our patients mom, who was in an ultrasound room, opened the door and yelled "we need help in here". A few of the nurses ran in there to help the patient. She was an OB patient and she had passed out after her exam, there not that scary I promise. After about 10 minutes Dr. Martin asked one of the nurses to call and see what the fastest way would be for her to get to the labor and delivery unit. She called and they suggested that we come and pick up a stretcher. When she said that we were going to have to go pick up a stretcher I couldn't pass up the moment. I was just too excited! So off we went to labor and delivery to pick up the stretcher. The whole way back we looked like a drunk trying to drive a car. It was pretty bad. Neither one of us knew what we were doing so i'm sure people that we were crazy. When we got back to the clinic the patient got on the stretcher and then they told us to take her back to labor and delivery. I must admit I was pretty worried because our driving skills weren't so good getting there and plus her family was going to be following us. We made it there ok with only one mistake. When we got in the elevator we couldn't figure out why the door wouldn't shut and we weren't moving so finally after waiting for a little bit Amber (the nurse helping me) asked me if I pushed the button to the floor that we were going to. Of course I didn't and then I felt stupid because her family thought I was a retard. Oh well, we got her there safe and sound and there ended up being nothing wrong with her. We later found out that our air conditioning broke at work and the ultrasound room was set at 80 degrees. We didn't realize it until the whole clinic turned into a sauna after lunch. Needless to say we sweated all afternoon and they never did fix the air conditioner. Maybe tomorrow will be cooler.

3 comments:

Brad & Amy Johnson said...

you need a grammar check b/c i think you were drunk typing--haha!

Janae' said...

Celeste, This is Janae' Thompson in your ward. I hope it is ok I came upon your blog. I love it by the way. So I noticed you were looking for some cute page ideas.. My sister made mine for me as well as several others for free. Give me a call and let me know what kind of colors etc you like and she will make one for you.. Just a idea if you want..

Our Happy Family said...

Yes I started one of these blogs and Im addicted to it. I love looking at other peoples to get ideas and just to read what is going on with them. I love looking at pictures so this is just my thing. Its addicting though!!! I love your blog. I just think you and Joe are such a cute couple.
Buffie