Sunday, March 16, 2008

Our trip to Dallas

This past weekend Joe and I went to Dallas to see one of his mission companions get married. It was so much fun! We drove down right after work on Thursday and got in around 11:30 pm. We stayed in a springhill marriot in Dallas. We woke up Friday morning had a great big breakfast at the hotel and then headed off to the wedding. It was so pretty outside. They seriously had the perfect weather. After the wedding we had to of course go shopping. We first went and ate at the one and only cheesecake factory and because it was so nice outside we got to eat outside. It was amazing food, I had the best chicken salad sandwich I have ever had and Joe had a chicken and guacamole sandwich. Then we went shopping there at the mall. I didn't feel like trying anything on so we mainly shopped for Joe. It was alot of fun and he got alot of great things. After we got done clothes shopping we went to Ikea! By this point our feet were so tired so we just walked around Ikea, bought a lamp, and headed back to the hotel. We rested for a good hour to and hour and half and then headed out again to a restaurant Joe had been to and wanted me to try called the blue goose. It was really good. But the atmosphere was annoying. It was really loud. The next day we went to the Galleria and finished our shopping and then we came home. It was a really fun trip.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey guys... what is your number? I'll be in Conway shortly to finally pick up all of my stuff and get it out to LA. I'll be needing a truck (pick up Saturday, April 5) because heaven knows I own a lot of crap. 703-447-1791.

Thanks!!!

C and T Orvin said...

Hey there -
Just found your blog off of Brittany's blog. If you ever want to travel to Phoenix we have an IKEA down the street...glad that your tests came out negative!