So to get to my point, The walls were bare and I had some frames laying around that I hung with family pictures but it just didn't look right. As much as Liz loved seeing pictures on the wall I couldn't keep it. So on to the 37th rearrangement of the room I decided I wanted to display Liz's own art. I thought long and hard about how I was going to do it until one day I had an Ah Ha moment. I rushed to hobby lobby, bought a canvas and paint, and came home and eagerly waited for Joe to get home from work (I wanted him to be there for the fun). As soon as he got home I had everything set up and ready to go. He thought I was crazy and kept asking me if it could wait for the next day, considering the fact it was 6:00 pm and I hadn't showered (sometimes it happens) and we had to pick a babysitter up at 7:30 and be at a surprise birthday party at 7:45.
Regardless of the time it happened that night and of course it didn't turn out as fun as I planned but it turned out adorable and I couldn't be happier. Now Liz loves seeing her art on the wall and talks to it all day.
Don't worry, the playroom still has tons of work left. The shelves Joe and I built still need to be finished off with crown molding, there will be a small window bench between the shelves, We're going to attempt to make our own coffee table, and the chairs will yet again be moved around. I love having a space for all of Liz's toys. And in case you are wondering, yes it is almost always this clean.
*And just a side note, Liz's art work looks a million times better in person. And I'm not just saying that because I'm her mom.....
7 comments:
I'd say you rearranged 557 times. I love the artwork and chairs. Especially where the chairs are and not in front of the window.
So, I wasn't the only one who said to move the chairs? Haha, no, it looks really good. I can't wait to see it in person next week.
You have the cutest ideas!! I love this!
And btw, you need to change your blogger info. It's about "as old as the crap in my pants", lol. You're such a freak.
I love the playroom and the art work of Lizzie's. The one you did for Julia's house is also very cute. You are one talented girl. Love it and miss you and Lizzie so much!
CUTE! Yes, those who know YOU know that it is ALWAYS that clean. You may have rearranged the room 47 times, but I bet you painted the walls 64 times. Oh, Celeste, how do you find the time?
I am totally stealing this art project idea! Super cute!!
Post a Comment