Thursday, March 10, 2011

Leaving on a Jet plane

I know right? Two days in a row?

Last week Liz and I had the privilege of flying home for the first time just the two of us. I was so nervous. I even considered getting a new phone so I could download movies to keep her occupied but then I realized I was being ridiculous and sucked it up. Luckily we got a good time and a good seat. It was a smaller plane with maybe 15 men and 2 women. When we checked in they told me they changed my seat, little did I know we were going to be put in the very back of the plane with no one in front, beside, or behind of us for 4 aisles. I felt like Rosa Parks but instead of the back of the bus we were in the back of the plane.

It was a 2 hour flight to Dallas and I think I had a harder time then Liz. Whenever I fly, drive, or on anything thats moving I instantly become tired and fall asleep. When I fly by myself I stay awake long enough to take off, that's my favorite part, and then the tray comes down and I am out. Without fail as soon as we took off my eyes became so heavy and it took everything I had to stay awake and entertain Liz. Luckily she had Life cereal to eat, but that only lasted 15 min. and then I really don't remember the next hour. Towards the end I finally gained come energy and Liz and I played. She started getting whiny and wanted to run up and down the aisle so instead of fighting her I set her in the aisle next to me and she sat there as happy as can be.

We had an hour and a half layover in Dallas and it was perfect. We ate at McDonalds and I treated liz to an ice cream cone. I let her walk around the airport a bit and then it was time to board. She did awesome the whole time and when we landed I kept thanking her for being so good and cooperative. We'll be flying again this next Wednesday and I pray she does just as good. Except this time our flight leaves at 6:35 am. Shoot me.




5 comments:

Martindale News said...

She was a big girl, pictures are cute. Can't wait to see you at our next adventure!

Anonymous said...

Dang, I'm so jealous of all the empty seats around you! We never get that! We'll probably never fly again now that we'll have to buy Pierce his own ticket.

Aubrey said...

So cute! I laughed at the Rosa Parks comment. You would. Good luck with Liz on the early flight.

The Crace's said...

You'll appreciated being Rosa Parks the more you fly. I hate it when the plane is full and there is no room for Owen to move around.

Katie said...

I'm waiting for another post. Btw, I love the last sentence in this one. Shoot me. haha