Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Saturday Bike Ride

Saturday was yet another beautiful day outside so we decided to go for a bike ride in little rock. We got out of the house early saturday morning and went and bought Liz a bike seat for the back of Joe's bike, got it set up and headed for the trails. By mile one Joe turned to me and said "let me know when your done". I knew he had been looking forward to going on a bike ride for days so I told him I was fine and could go a little longer, but secretly I was dying. My bum had not been on a bike seat for 2 years and I thought I was going to die. Well we kept having to stop due to Liz's helmet being too big and it kept falling in her face. By the 10th stop Joe was frustrated and we had a little bit of an argument in the middle of the trail about whether or not we should take Liz's helmet off. I of course battled it and won and we kept the helmet on. We finally found a good place to turn around and headed back and that's when I found out Joe was ready to turn around at mile one. We both thought it was funny that neither one of us wanted to seem like wimps. On about the last 1/2 mile Liz conked out. She loved the bike, I think, I just ignored the "I hate you for making me wear this helmet" look. Oh well, she'll thank me later.

I had to photoshop this picture a little so you could actually see her face. It was too cute of a picture to waste
After Our bike ride we came back to Conway and met up with my parents, Katie, Colby, and Brynlee at Beaverfork. Joe's mom had bought a kayak for us to store at our place that Joe has been dying to try out and I knew they had a fun park there. I had lots of fun again. We got to put the girls on the slides together and swings.

Again we are absolutely LOVING the weather and LOVING that it's almost spring. We are able to be so much more active. Although we keep doing thinking they'll be like old times, but it's much different with a child. More fun definately, we just can't go as long anymore.




1 comment:

Martindale News said...

It was a beautiful day and little Lizzy loved all the fun activities. Thanks for letting us tag along.