Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wow!

So mom made dinner tonight.........it was really good but my mom had to go so far to get a "wow" factor out of Joe and I. I walked up to the table and looked around and in a glass container was something yellow with shredded something in it. I just looked, and then I looked again until my mom said "it's jello with shredded apples". I honestly thought it was too much butter with shredded hashbrowns floating in melting butter. So then my mom explained to Joe and I how when she was a kid they invented jello recipes and she was trying to be creative tonight, yes she was born and raised in Utah, can you tell? We just went along with it until my mom went as far as to tell us that when she was a kid they would put cheese in their jello. I had to tell her that was not normal and then the next thing I knew my mom was throwing shredded cheese on her lemon/shredded apple jello. Let me tell you, she definately got the "wow" factor out of us! I told her I was blogging about it right then and I got up and here I am. So while as I was logging in to post my entry my mom says "I guess it was carrots instead of cheese". I rest my case mom. Thanks for the good laugh.

8 comments:

The Crace's said...

Oh my mom is queen of putting nasty in the jello...shredded carrots, cheese, you name. That's why I will only make plain jello.

Our Happy Family said...

LOL, that is so funny!!! Now, carrots in jello I have heard of, but cheese. I will definately not be making that anytime soon for my family. :)

lindsee said...

I have never heard the cheese thing. I have seen cottage cheese in jello that I would not eat but im a jello and pineapple girl, or strawberries and oranges..

Britney said...

I am laughing out loud at that.

Anonymous said...

Sooo Funny! :) Thanks for the laugh!

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

I can't type much, I'm too busy gagging

Tammie said...

Sounds interesting! Never heard of that one before. You'll have to put that one in the family cookbook :)

Aubrey said...

Blog about it. You should blog more. The end.