I thought I would update everyone on our offer on the condo. We put in an offer Tuesday night over the phone and he said he would get back to us Wednesday morning. Well Wednesday morning passed and so did Wednesday night and we never heard anything! I must remind you that this is a for sale by owner and I'm not sure this owner is wanting to sell his house. Well finally this morning at around 11 he called Joe and counter offered ours. Again might I add, I don't think this guy wants to sell his house. Well we didn't like his offer and counter offered back. Take that seller! Anyway, we were hoping to hear from him tonight but I knew that would be wishful thinking so it'll either be tomorrow unless he decides to keep going in his own time frame and make us wait until Monday to find out. Regardless we'll let you know either way as soon as we find out.
The update on our Apartment is we had another smoker move in last weekend I guess since that's when the smell started over again. This time it's 10 times stronger and it was litterally filling our home with it and Joe and I both had massive headaches to the point that we had to leave our home. I expressed my feelings to Joe about the situation and Monday he called the apartment complex to complain. They apologized and offer to lend up an air purifier. I appreciated them trying but seriously I pay WAY too much to have to either sit in my house with my sweatshirt over my nose (which I ended up doing all day Sunday) or even have an air purifier in my home. She then nicely added that the air purifier would help drown out the noise. Really? Well today I got home from work and there was a note that was dropped off to us and everyone else reminding them to keep the noise level down (as I lay in here in bed listening to my neighbor next door watch her old timey christmas movie) and to not smoke excessively in the hallways. I had to laugh out loud because they really are trying to help us out and I know the letter was written because of our complaints. Oh well, hopefully it'll all be over with soon.
Lastly the update on Joe's schooling is that he is just finishing up with his last test. He had a VERY important, let me say that again, he had a VERY important test that he had to take that was actually due today. Funny how things like that work out right? Well he didn't get it done and I can't completely blame it all on him but if his proffessor doesn't let him extend the time then instead of Joe graduating in May like we hoped it probably won't be until next December. Let's just say if that is the case there will not be a very happy wife in this house. He is working hard to get all of his work done and so far is making really good grades. I married me a smarty. Somebody has to have brains in this family.
1 day ago
5 comments:
You both are smart, don't sell yourself short! That is nice the apartment manager is trying but the smoke thing would do me in too. Good luck, can't wait to hear how it all turns out. Everyone at book club says they are glad you are moving back here.
Good luck, we will be rooting for you!
Hi Celeste
So what's the story now with the condo?
Your blog is totally getting boring! Or maybe I'm just bored now. Thanks for coming to lunch. Come over anytime (just not at 9pm to get ice cream)!
Post a Comment