Wednesday, September 17, 2008

FIRE! FIRE!

So as I was comfortable laying on the couch stalking people on their blogs while Joe was taking a test online I all of the sudden see our fire alarm in the apartment flashing. I thought I was seeing things until Joe said "Celeste what'd you do?" I had to get up from my comfortable couch with my cell phone and laptop in hand, just in case the sprinklers above went off, I looked out in the hallway to see if anyone was leaving and I kept hearing peoples doors shut but I never saw anyone and then the sirens in the hallway started going off and it just kept getting louder and louder so I shut the door. I then grabbed my keys, incase we did have to leave, and waited for Joe to finish his test. He was being timed and was only on question 22 of 55 and he was trying to finish before we went downstairs. So I just kept opening and shutting the door trying to figure out what we should do until finally the last time I opened the door I smelt it! I decided to put my laptop down and I made Joe leave his test and we headed downstairs. We joined everyone outside and watched the fireman arrive and go inside to find what was going on. Of course, laughter was my only emotion at this time and I was laughing the whole time and taking pictures with my phone. You should have seen these firemen, they were all decked out with axes in hand and everything. Well after about 15 fireman going in to investigate they came out with much disappointment on there faces and kindly told us it was burnt toast. All Joe and I could think of were the people in their apartment trying to fan out the smoke while everyone else was downstairs. All I know is I'm glad it wasn't us and especially glad that the sprinklers didn't go off because we've been worried about those boogers ever since we moved in.

On the better side of things we are all settled in our apartment and we absolutely LOVE IT! I'm not gonna lie it was hard for me for the first couple days because we went from 1400 sq to about 925. I lost my linen closet and my walk-in closet but now that I have readjusted I totally love it! The location is great and is very close to the interstate so my drive to conway everyday is a breeze. We also live a block away from all the restuarants in downtown so we walk to eat on the weekends.

6 comments:

Martindale News said...

Oh wow, how scary, but what did Joe do about his test? Burnt toast, funny, glad that was all it was. Glad you are ok1

Our Happy Family said...

We had that happen to us when we were staying in Dallas one time. We were on the top floor and all of a sudden the alarms started going off and we could smell the smoke. We opened are door and smoke was filling up the hallway. It was a vacation not to forget.
Glad your doing good and liking it down there. How is your ward? Any callings yet?????

Britney said...

There are 3 things that I find funny about this. One, you were blog stalking. Two, you were laughing at the firemen. Three, Joe thought he could finish 33 questions before he had to escape. Funny story! (I had to use a calculator to figure out what 55 - 22 was.)

Aubrey said...

Celeste I'm wondering if you failed to mention that you were the one that burnt the toast. So did you burn the toast or not? Please let me know.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have a fire story too. Your poor neighbors must have been so embarrassed! I hope Joe was able to finish his test.
I'm glad to hear your loving your new place. Walking to yummy restaurants sounds fabulous!

John, Katie, Kailyn said...

Dear Celeste,
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!