Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our Body Museum

This past weekend was the last weekend for the "Our body museum" in hot springs. It's a display of dead human bodies that they have been preserved and they show you the different muscles, bones, and parts on your body. I have been wanting to go ever since I saw the billboard in California this past summer so I finally convinced Joe into going. So Saturday we drove down to Hot Springs. It was so amazing! I love learning about the human body. There is nothing more interesting to me. I really went into it excited but I was extremely nervous at the same time because I mean seriously it's dead bodies on display but once we got in it was nothing like I expected. There were probably 7 bodies total just out in the open with no glass or ropes that had charts next to them showing you where each thing was on the body. Then they had the each part separate in glass boxes. They even had on display two different lungs, one healthy and one with cancer from smoking. They also had an esophagus that had cancer also. I hate to say it but it was so cool! It took us about 45 minutes to walk through the whole thing. I was pretty bummed because they wouldn't let you take pictures but I totally understand there reasoning. After we walked through that part of the museum we went and explored the rest of the museum which was pretty cool. They had tons of hands on things that were very educational. I was getting frustrated towards the end because I was tired and hungry and Joe had to go to EVERY SINGLE STATION and touch EVERY SINGLE DISPLAY! I seriously felt like I was with a 5 year old. It was cute but not so cute when your tired and starving. We had a blast and we totally recommend it to all of you if it's ever offered in your area.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

I think I will just stay home. Anything that looks like a skeleton...you can count me out. Oh, and the tired and whiny celeste cause you were hungry...oh that so runs in the family!