1 day ago
Thursday, June 19, 2008
It's the new Celeste
This is kind of following my previous blog. I have been told my whole life how picky of an eater I am. I haven't ever really cared until Melanie moved in with us. She seriously likes the nastiest things. Well I realized that a lot of the things I was saying I didn't like I had not actually tried most of them so here lately I have been trying really hard to try EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING. We started out with guacomole. I had tried it before but didn't like it, but when I was in California I thought I would give it another try and now I pretty much can't stop craving it and I try to eat it at least once a week. It's pretty much the best thing I have ever had. Then I tried Mahi Mahi at a restaurant here called mickey's. It was really good. The next thing was egg plant which I ended up Loving! Then I tried Talapia (fish). It was pretty much amazing. I don't know if it was because of the fish or because Melanie smothered it in butter and Parmesan. Either way I really liked it. Then we went to a hibachi grill and I got the guts to try a California roll. My whole family is OBSESSED with sushi and Melanie too so I thought eh what the heck I'll just try it. It took me about 2 minutes to contemplate on what I was doing and then I just stuck the whole thing in my mouth because that's what I was told to do. It was pretty much the nastiest thing I have ever had. Uh, the taste is beyond describable. I can honestly say that I hate California rolls. That same night I got a piece of shrimp with my meal so I thought instead of giving this to Joe I'm just gonna try it because the only shrimp I've tried is cocktail shrimp and I didn't like that. But this one was marinated and cooked and it was REALLY good. I can say that I don't like biting into it. It kind of makes me sick thinking about it but the taste is really good. Anyway, that's all I've tried and that was in almost a period of one week so I thought I did pretty good. I'll keep you updated on more things that I try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I have never tried egg plant but that recipe actually sounds really good!!!!
Buffie
Celeste, I'm so proud of you! It must be liberating to look at a menu and to be able to try something new! :) Love ya, sis!
sorry i didn't share my avacado with you! i'm going to get some more tomorrow when we go to the store. my dad was asking me last night if we had any more. i didn't know there was going to be so many avacado lovers around here.
I am so proud. How can we help Jared infantile taste buds?
Post a Comment