I failed and didn't take any pictures of the 4th but we had so much fun. Melanie and I both took off work the Thursday before to enjoy a 4 day weekend and to get things ready for our exciting 4th or boating and fishin! When Joe got home from work Thursday night we ate dinner, packed up the truck, picked up Adam, and headed to Melanie's parents house to spend the night. The next morning we woke up, ate a dang good breakfast, packed up and headed out to lake Quachita to do us some boatin and fishin! I haven't been fishin since I was probably 11 and I love it so much so I was extremely excited. Well on the way to the lake I realized that I had left my fishin license at the house so we went to wal-mart to try and get another one but I didn't have my drivers license either so I just decided to fish anyway because I did have one just not with me. When we got the lake and got the boat off the trailor Joe couldn't figure out how to turn the boat on. (Were not that dumb, it wasn't our boat so we had to figure everything out on our own). Joe was right in the way of everyone trying to load or unload and again couldn't get the boat started so he had to pull out the ore and paddle to shore. Melanie and I were laughing our heads off. We wish we would have had our cameras but Adam had just left with the truck which had our cameras.
Once we got out on the lake it was so pretty. It was busy but the nice thing about that lake is it has a bunch of coves that you can go into and be on your own. When we first started it was so blasted hot outside. Seriously, outrageously hot and unbearable so we decided to take a dip. I was the only smart one to bring a floaty so I obviously lasted longer in the lake. Since it was a fishin boat though it was pretty funny watching everyone trying to get back into the boat. Melanie won the prize for most uncoordinated. After our dip we decided to pull out the fishin poles. While we were working on getting them ready we noticed that it was starting to get cloudy and looked like it was going to storm but we didn't care we were determined to fish. We started fishin and it started raining, so we moved and tried again and again it started raining. Except, for this time there was lightning and thunder right above us so again we moved for our 3rd time. We finally got to a spot where it looked like the storm had past and we were able to fish for a good while. Joe came the closet to catching a fish. He was reeling it in and the last moment the fish unhooked itself. We all said none of us were leaving until atleast one of us caught one but the storm came back and with a vengeance so we had to head back with no fish. We loaded back up and headed home. Even though we didn't catch anything we still had alot of fun.
When we got home I gave the boys haircuts and then we all got ready and my awesome parents had gone to the store for us and came over with all the food and we had our own little bbq. My dad picked out some mean burgers and they were amazing. Joe, Melanie, and Dad got there brauts and I got my guacamole that I love so much now. My mom made a way good fruit salad (I was making it but I was scaring Mom and Melanie with the way I was cutting the fruit). After we ate we grabbed some big blankets and headed over to the country club and sat on the golf course and watched the firework show. I have never like firework shows but for some reason this year I really enjoyed them. My favorite were the goldish sparkly ones. I'm not a fan of the colored ones. When the firework show was over just layed on the golf course until the sprinklers came on. We had perfect weather that night and I was the only fortunate one not to get eatin alive by chigers.
1 day ago
2 comments:
wow...you actually took my advice..the paragraphs were great! i just wish y'all had gotten "arrested" for fishin w/out a license!
i like how you said fishin the whole time. cute.
Post a Comment