Thursday, June 19, 2008

AMAZING

Last week we all made it a goal to not eat out and actually cook more then just quesedillas and lean cuisine's. Well ever since Melanie moved in she has been trying to get me to try new and weird things. She calls me picky and I call her food snob. She is so funny when it comes to food. She knows all of these fancy dishes with fancy names and she is so particular about how food is prepared. Me and Joe we just live off of quesadillas, quesadillas, and more quesadillas. Anyway, one of her main things she's been trying to get me to try is egg plant Parmesan. I pretty much have refused mainly because of the word "egg plant". It just does not look or sound appealing. Well when we went grocery shopping the other day we were trying to think of all the dishes we knew that we could make. She just looked at me and said "I can't think of any that you would like". So I said "what do you want to make" and she said "egg plant parmesan". With a big sigh I told her I would "TRY" it. Then I started asking about 15 questions about how egg plant tasted and what it was like. She finally told me it tasted like squash and zucchini. When she said those two things she had me sold. That's all I needed to hear. So we got our groceries and came home and she made us dinner. First she cut the "egg plant" and then she smothered it in egg and then she put it in a bowl with baked bread crumbs and then placed them on a cookie sheet. She baked them and when they were done she put store bought tomato and basil spaghetti sauce and sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top and put it back in the oven just until the cheese melted. Then when that was done we ate it over angel hair pasta and spaghetti sauce. It was pretty much the most AMAZING thing I have ever had. And it looked easy and took seriously 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments: