Monday, February 22, 2010

Monthly update

-We celebrated Joe's 28th birthday this past Friday. It was the second time in 5 years of marriage that I wasn't sick for his birthday so I tried to make it pretty special. He told me it was one of his best birthdays so I guess I succeeded.

-Joe's mom came down this past Saturday. While she was here Joe went with her to pick out two kayaks. One is at our house and one is with her. Now Joe is dying to try it out and he when I say he wants to try it out, I mean he wants to try it out in the middle of February. Am I the only one that thinks that insane?

-I have started walking with a friend and her little girl. I've been using the jogging stroller I got for Christmas and I love it. Lizzie loves it too.

-Lizzie is of course getting bigger and bigger everyday. This morning for breakfast I put her sippy cup out on her tray (I've been letting her play with it to get used to) she picked it up and used it correctly all by herself. Lame to be excited but I was so excited. She also drank out of a straw for the first time last weekend.

-Lizzie has been doing so good with solids. Her favorites for right now are Green beans, Squash, Bananas, Prunes, and Applesauce. If you have the Applesauce out while you're feeding her something else out she was fuss until it's time to eat the applesauce.

-Speaking of food Liz does not have a turn off mode. She would eat and eat and eat if I allowed it. I don't know when she's full. She has never turned her head telling me she didn't like something or even that she was done. What do I do about that?

-About 3 weeks ago I started putting Liz down for bed earlier and it has made a big difference. I love having about an hour or two to just lay on the couch and play scrabble. She is now going to bed around 8 or 8:30 and sleeping till 8 or 9.

-Since Liz is going to bed earlier she is only eating 4 times a day now. I have been able to cut back a pumping so I am now only pumping 4 times a day. It is glorious

-In the mornings while I pump I put Lizzie on the couch next to me to watch "her shows". She thinks she is the biggest person around and has the biggest cheese grin on her face. I never had the camera with me to capture it but it is adorable! She has also started laughing and talking to the tv here within the last couple days.

-Last one on Liz I promise. She is almost rolling over. She's done it once or twice but it's not an everday thing. She does sit it on her own for the most part. We still use pillows just incase.

4 comments:

shinsel said...

Just let her eat!! She'll slow down eventually... I think I should let Sydne ykeep eating ot get her used to as many foods as possible b/c now that she almost walks she doens't want ot stop to eat ever

Anonymous said...

That's cool that she drank out of a sippy cup and a straw! Such a big girl! I agree with Amy, I wouldn't worry about her eating too much right now. If she spits it up after she's done, then you might want to be careful next time, but if she keeps it down, I'd just let her eat as much as she wants. Give her the bottle first though to make sure she gets enough milk. I'm with you on the early bedtime. Pierce is asleep by 7:30 every night and I love it!

Amy said...

Yay! I love the update!
Score on getting her to drink from a straw. I have no idea how to teach Sam how to do that.
And yay on some awesome sleep and less pumping!
Regarding the eating thing, I didn't have to deal with Sam not stopping, but now he doesn't eat a lot in the evening. I just try to remember that our stomachs are the size of our fists, so he is more than likely getting enough. And he's happy and growing so that's a good sign too.
You can also google an eating guideline, lol. That's where I learn a lot of my random baby knowledge.

Trapper and Suzy said...

Sounds like things are going great! Liz sounds adorable and I wish my kids would eat like her! Mine so are fickle, they think they ought to have dinner AND a show, which consists of my dancing and singing. *sigh* Talk about work!