Friday, January 15, 2010

4 month stats

(Long post just about Liz. If your not interested in reading I posted pictures to look at. And don't forget to read about our Christmas in the previous post)

Weight-15 lbs 10 ounces (90th)
Height-25 (75th)

I can't believe it's already time for 4 month stats. Our child is growing like a weed and I beg her everyday to please stay small forever and not get bigger but that is no longer the case. We took her to the doctor on Tuesday and she was healthy and happy until they stuck her with shots. She cried of course but was just fine the rest of the day. The doctor told us we could start her on solids whenever we wanted. I've been so excited to feed her solids so I had already bought everything and we came straight home and fed her her first round of rice cereal. The doctor said that a lot of kids don't like it at first and you have to keep introducing it to them. Well our beast of a child took one bite and then grabbed the spoon trying to get more.

The week before we had gone and got her a high chair so she could eat dinner with us and get used to being in a high chair. We'd been putting her in her bumbo on the kitchen table with us but she started trying to get out so we thought we better go ahead and get the high chair. She loves it and now thinks she's too big to lay down for any reason anymore. It's nice to have while I'm getting things done in kitchen I just put her in that with a few toys and we're good to go.

She's still sleeping through the night, which the pediatrician was really surprised about. I told her she'd been doing it since 2 months old. She informed me that was not normal for breast fed babies.

I'm still pumping but it's going MUCH better now that I can pump for only 10 min. instead of 20. I get excited every time I finish now and go on and on about how 10 min. is SO much easier then 20 min.

Just for journalling reasons I wanted to list all the things she's been doing.
-She laughs a ridiculous amount which we love. Her happiest time is in the morning and after we get out of church.
-She's sitting up really well with just a little support
-She wants to suck on EVERYTHING
-We finally found a binky that she likes. Yes it took us 4 months but hey we have one now.
-She loves loves loves her jumparoo Aunt Katie let us borrow.
-She lovs watching her baby einstein videos
-She's starting to splash more and more in the tub and still continues to love her baths.
-She is in mostly 6-9 month clothes
-We finally took out her newborn inserts about a month ago and so she enjoys her car seat so much more. We needed a manual on when to take those out. I thought she was comfortable but no.
-She loves to grab her toes especially while your changing her
-She can talk and talk and talk. I love listening to her cute little voice
-She has rolled over from front to back twice now. One I only saw her as she was just hitting her back and the other she waited till I walked out the front door to go somewhere.


We Love our little girl and can't get enough of her. I'm glad I'm able to spend almost every moment with her. Do I go a little crazy sometimes? Yes, but over all she is a perfect baby.




First time sitting in my high chair while everyone ate. It was my moms birthday so we made her birthday breakfast

Joe was fitting her straps after assembling it. She doesn't look too excited about it, but she's still cute.

4 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

Man! I envy you. Sleeping through the night? That is PRETTY dang lucky. I'm still working on that one with mine.

Amy said...

She is so big! Now I'm the loser friend because I've only seen her once and that was when she was a newborn!

tammy said...

Maybe one day I'll be able to hold the cute little girl.

Maddie said...

soOo CUTE She's so perfect! And I thought my baby was a beast haha!