Almost everyday I am asked the question "how's the drive"? And to much of there amazement I say great, not bad. If you know anything about Conway and Little Rock most people live in Conway and drive to Little Rock for work and very few, me, drive from Little Rock to Conway which in my case I definitely have the better end of the deal. You see one of the big reasons we moved to Little Rock was so Joe would no longer have the commute he has because he was coming home everyday with so much anger from just the drive that it was really starting to get on my nerves. And Joe developed a little word called "road rage". I have always thought Joe was a good driver but ever since he started commuting he is so mean to drivers and he thinks that everyone is a bad driver and he will yell at them for the dumbest reasons and then I yell at Joe for yelling at them. It's a whole process and I'm trying to break him of it.
Anyway, back to me and my commute .....Every Monday through Friday I drive 30 min. to work and 30 min. back (obviously) and every day I laugh while passing the oncoming vehicles because they are at a stand still for absolutely no apparent reason. I have never understood traffic and I still don't understand it because seriously there really isn't any need of it. You are at a stand still forever and then all of the sudden no one is infront of you and you all the road in the world to yourself. Well the other day I got my camera ready and I knew I was coming up on the traffic. As soon as I pass visions (I have to pick up my check before going into conway) and make the turn onto the flats it's like BAM, cars! I love it as I keep on with my 75 mph!
If you click on the pictures and make them larger you can see the line of cars that are backed up! No wonder Joe hated driving to work and back everyday!


13 comments:
That is great!! LOL!!!
OK as your mother, why are you taking pictures with your camera while driving 75 miles an hour??? Kind of like the girl I passed yesterday that was texting, and driving at 70 mph. And not 1 but 3 or 4 pictures. Not safe! But I am glad that you are going against the traffic and not sitting in the traffic... you proved your point now keep your eyes on in front and your hands on the wheel!
it's ok mom. I was totally safe while driving. I had the car set on cruise and my camera was resting on the steering wheel while I drove and paid attention the road my finger was pressing the button to take the pictures. Don't worry I was being safe.
love it Celeste! When I worked n NLR I had to be to work at 7am- off at 3pm.Great time for a commute!
Hope your enjoying Little Rock. Lots of nice people there...
Yes, but the real question is, how close are you to a TCBY?
i knew you would grow up to work at visions. you were always a bad influence. hahaha!
girl you are so dang crazy. I have to laugh everytime I read your blog.
Your face is a vision.
You call that traffic? Get that weak crap outta here. You need to come visit us in LA again and see how us pros do it.
+ryan
haha, that's why I don't live in LA ry!a
I hear visions has great benefits.
we are waiting to hear more from you...
Honey... that's NOT traffic. Try sitting on the 405 for an hour and moving about 3 miles. THAT'S traffic. I went to a play in downtown LA last night and actually got car sick (I don't do that) because the woman who was driving was weaving in and out of traffic, running lights, dodging fire engines, trying not to hit pedestrians... what a nightmare.
Have Joe talk to me about road rage... he hasn't got a clue. :)
Post a Comment