Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our adventure hiking

A couple of Saturdays ago the weather was so pretty! Joe and I were excited and wanted to be outside all day. He had been begging me to go on a hike for months so I finally gave in. We went to subway and got some sandwiches and then I had the idea of maybe trying out a trail at Toad Suck that I thought would be more of my style of hiking. We got to Toad Suck and ate our sandwiches and then we were off for our adventure hike. We went up a hill and came down a hill and that was it.
Our waterfall

The beginning

The End

I was laughing hysterically because I remembered that being a lot longer. It seriously only lasted 2 min. Joe just looked at me and shook his head and then began to ask me if I would go to petite jean with him. I agreed in disgust because my trail let me down. I really thought I was being tricky and was going to get out of this big long hike. Obviously it didn't work. So we drove out to petite jean and when we got there I think all of Arkansas had the same idea as us because there were cars backed up for a good half a mile. I didn't have to say anything. Joe was sad but he couldn't stand the thought of being crowded on a trail with tons of people and neither could I so we found another trail called the Cave something and we did that instead. It turned out perfect, short & sweet, longer then 2 minutes, and Joe got to climb some big rocks. It doesn't get better then that. After that hike I told Joe that I had never been to Mt. Magazine. He insisted on taking me so off we went. We sadly got lost and didn't make it and then had to drive what felt like an eternity but really an hour and half home. When we got home we went and played tennis and then we crashed the rest the of the night. It was so much fun! Maybe we'll make it to the real hike someday.

2 comments:

The Crace's said...

When you guys come and visit, we'll do some real hiking on some real mountains.

Our Happy Family said...

The first place you went hiking at Toadsuck is my type of hiking. I took Jesse there to go hiking and he laughed at me.
Buffie