Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tutu's for Tuesday

I came across a blog about a month ago where I was introduced to a sweet 2 year old named Tuesday that was sent home to die because her cancer had taken over and chemo was no longer going to help. She died 2 or 3 days later. I was so upset that I wanted to share her story with others. I told a girl at work, Becca, about it where she continued to follow the blog as well. She came attached to this little girl and her family without ever meeting them and is now donating her time and money to make Tutu's for Tuesday where $5 of the proceeds will go towards research. I tell you this so that you might help with the donations and plus you'll get a way cute Tutu out of it for any little girl you might know that loves to dress up.
You can order them through this www.TutusForTuesday.etsy.com

If you would like to read about Tuesday http://www.half12.blogspot.com/ (beware, you'll need a box of tissues)

4 comments:

Martindale News said...

very heartwarming. when you told me about Tuesday, I cried like a baby for over an hour and I have never met the little girl either. I would like to see them but sign me up for one or two!

jennifer rogers said...

i read this blog too. Very heartbreaking! Cancer is evil! It takes way too many little sweet babies and leaves their families left to pick up the pieces. That's neat that your friend is doing this, this is a special family.

Our Happy Family said...

I read your post last night after Baylee was in bed. I then read that families blog and the whole story about their sweet daughter. By the end of it I was crying. I finally just had to walk into Baylee's room with her sound asleep and pick her up. I held her and rocked her in my arms. I cannot imagine having to go through what those parents did.

lindsee said...

I cried as I read her story...my heart goes out to the little family..Thanks for sharing